Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Song for Sweet One

Dear Kristen Chenoweth,

My three year old daughter loves your music. She thinks they're awesome. I do, too. The Christmas I was pregnant with her, I listened to your Christmas album over and over and over. And over. Considering I had Sweet One two weeks after Christmas, it wasn't a surprise to me when the following year she started singing along to the songs. It was the first time she ever sang along to music that was playing.

I got your new album when it was available and Sweet One has enjoyed it a lot. This morning, she and I were in the car driving to the mom's group when I heard her say, "Make it louder, Mum!" and we sang to this song all the way. It nearly brought tears to my eyes listening to her singing these lyrics. Thank you for having songs on it that will help to nurture the kind of woman I hope she grows into. (Ok, so doesn't exactly understand what she's singing about when she says that she wants someone she can bitch about!)


Perhaps one day I'll be able to take her to one of your concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!