Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Too many surprises in one day

I had an OB appointment today and for the past month I've been worrying about it because my previous experience with the new doctor was quite negative. I was nervous as we waited for him to come in because I was worried about having one appointment with him and then having to go out and fight for my right to have a doctor I was comfortable with. Little did I know that he was going to pull the rug right out from under my toes. Even Big Love was shocked. The doctor I saw today was completely unlike the doctor I had met once during my previous pregnancy and twice in the hospital. He was kind, personable and genuinely interested in getting to know us a bit in the short time allotted for these appointments. On top of it, he mentioned that should my placenta cooperate this time, protocol may be in place for me to have a VBAC if I so choose.

By the time I was about to leave this appointment I was nearly in tears, partially due to Sweet One being awake for 2 hours last night, because nothing in that appointment was what I expected. I had a doctor who I could possibly be ok with and the potential for a whole new way of thinking about giving birth this time. I can honestly say that I am still very sad about my previous doctor going on medical leave because I adored her and in my eyes no one will ever be as good as her.

I have so much to think about. It is insane how different my new doctor was at this appointment. In two weeks we'll have our ultrasound and see what the placenta is doing and then I can start to think about what I'd like to do delivery-wise. Although, I'm not sure I'd like to be one of the first people to have a VBAC at this hospital. Right now, I just need to go and watch some Parenthood and relax, turn off my brain and pray that Sweet One sleeps through the night. On top of all this, she has her first ever cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!