Saturday, March 5, 2011

A summer dress for Sweet One

I finally finished this little dress for Sweet One. I won the primary material from a blog and I had such high hopes for this dress using McCalls pattern 5835. I got very frustrated with the armholes section. I find that McCalls is greatly lacking in their design of toddler dresses by how they have you fold and sew them. For someone like me who wants to improve my skills, it rarely sets me up for success. I'm going to try to stick with Simplicity and New Look patterns for this in the future. I was, however, very excited about how my gathering of the ruffles turned out. This was probably the most successful I've ever been with such a large gathering section.

All in all, I hope Sweet One enjoys wearing it. One of the reasons I want to be able to do a good job of her dresses is because I can choose materials that remind me of so many little boutique stores that sells unique clothes which I can not afford. I think that with my combination of materials I chose for this dress that I am on my way to doing that. Now to just perfect more of my sewing skills. (Like that will happen in the next 6 months!)

1 comment:

  1. Ack! I missed this post earlier. Gosh it's so cute! and I love those darn pears.


I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!