Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waiting for a few more minutes to pass

For the longest time now I've been waking Sweet One up around 10/10:30 for a last feed before I go to sleep. Sometimes she'll wake up on her own and other times I wake her. I do have to admit that I feel guilty for startling her system when I wake her up but it is equally as hard on me to have an interrupted sleep. Last night she woke up for a feeding at 8:30 and so I decided to let her sleep through 10:00 and I spent most of the night wondering when she'd be waking me up. There are books that support the last feed of the evening and others that do not and in the end it is simply fukking hard to know whether my decision is right or not. So right now I'm just sitting here, waiting to see if she'll wake up and also deciding if I should just go to bed and see how things work out. I'm quite sure she wouldn't sleep through the night as she seems to only last about 7-8 hours before she's hungry. Rather than reading multiple books with even more opinions on what to do with our babies, I wish we could have one book specifically for our own baby. Wouldn't that be lovely?

This past Sunday I watched the Emmy's. Overall I wasn't all that impressed. They didn't grab me and I fast forwarded through a lot of it. I was pleased that no one's speech was muted, then again maybe they were all told to keep away from political comments. There was, however, one moment that practically had me crying: Kristen Chenoweth winning Best Supporting Female Actor for her role in Pushing Daisies. I absolutely adore her and equally loved the show. Rarely is there ever a show with such originality and quirkiness. I am very sad that it was cancelled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!