Sunday, October 11, 2009

Because I'm not yet pulling my hair out..

...I thought I'd get a post out. There's been a few things lately that I have thought of mentioning here but by the time I am able to start typing, it is "that time" again and my hair starts to tingle. So I decided that I will get them out there now before "that time" arrives!

***One***
I told a story this story at my wedding reception: Big Love moved into my apartment with me two weeks before our wedding and in this time the carpets in the hallway had been cleaned leaving behind a nasty odor. We opened the windows in the apartment, despite the cool temperature outside, to try and get rid of the smell. When it was time to go to bed I was dreading getting into a cold bed. After spending some time washing my face I walk into our room to find Big Love on "my side" of the bed. I thought he was be
ing a dork because he was new to the idea that there were "sides" to the bed. He had a bit of a mischievous smile on his face and so I asked why he was being a dork and on my side of the bed. His answer was, "I was warming up your side for you."

A few days ago Big Love went to bed to read a few minutes before I was done watching tv and I crawled into my cold side of the bed, complaining that the romance had died because he no longer warmed my side of the bed for me. (To be honest, if the bed is a little chilly at first it can take me quite awhile to warm up and actually fall asleep.) The next night I came into the room to find Big Love on my side and I looked at him, teasingly asked what he was doing there, and then smiled as he told me he was warming it up for me.

Big Love is not a man of grand romantic gestures, but he is always trying to make my day a little brighter.

***Two***
Sweet One has started holding he head against mine when I pick her up after she has been sleeping. I love her hugs!

***
Despite their simplicity these two things have been beams of sunshine in my days.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Growing up we always had the dinner on Sundays and so tonight we will be having Turkey thighs, garden carrots and the Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake I baked last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!