Saturday, May 28, 2011

The arsenic hour

That's what my friend calls 4pm or so until supper time when the kids are going crazy while you're trying to get supper ready.

If Little Man hasn't slept well in the afternoon - aka if I've spent all afternoon holding him or walking around with him in the BabyHawk - my anxiety levels rise. Once 430 or 5 hits I start to shut down. Big Love is often home so it's not like I'm trying to juggle both kids on my own. It's rather ridiculous/overwhelming and can last until well after we've gotten Sweet One to sleep.

I'm starting to think that Little Man's sleeping, both day and night, has taken a turn for the worse ever since I introduced the soother at about 6 weeks old. Fukkin' soother. I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!