Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bark-o-matic

So what do you do when your neighbors are completely and utterly incapable of responsibly training their dog to shut up? There is a sheltie that lives next door and he will bark and anything and everything constantly! I understand that shelties are a noisy dog but I also know that my mom was completely capable of training ours when I was not even 10 years old. She had three children under 10, worked and still found the time to train our dog. Our neighbors have no children, spend quite a bit of time at home but have basically given up on training their dog. They have said to us that they worry about the dog annoying the neighborhood. Why? Because their dog barks more than all the 6 other dogs put together that live along this block? Last week I was outside painting my porch and for half an hour the dog barked at people across the street. I'm seriously at the point that I want to throw some chocolate its way. Or perhaps I'll be able to find one of those ultrasonic bark stoppers for a cheap price that I can put in my yard.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand dogs that bark incessantly.

    That being said, it would take pounds and pounds of baking chocolate to do anything to a dog. Just one of those things I learned from being a vet tech for years. So M&Ms aren't going to cut it. But you didn't hear that from me...

    I don't know how your relationship is with you neighbors, but I would say something to them. I have notoriously terrible neighbors. I've learned that the best approach is to bitch directly to them about it. If that doesn't work, call the police for a noise disturbance. We don't have that option here in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!