Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ready to grow


Four days ago I was frustrated because I didn't see any time to get my garden in. It was hot and with the in-laws visiting I wasn't sure if I'd be able to. But then I sucked it up and got to it. A few hours in the hot and humid outdoors over two days and sweat dripping down my face, it was the first time in days that I was smiling! Tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage and marigolds are what you see popping out. I even put two cabbage plants in the compose bins to see what will happen! In previous years I've had tomato plants growing out of them so why not some cabbage!

A few years ago when I started gardening I had no idea if I'd be able to do a good job of it. This is my third year and I'm pretty happy with the state of my soil, the amount of black gold I'm able to add to it and the quiet I find in my gray matter while I work. I guess gardening is just in my blood.

After 5 days of baking and cooking for the in-laws and getting the garden in amongst all the heat, I'm exhausted and my couch is calling. How was your Memorial Day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!