Monday, June 28, 2010

Fearless swimmer

Last summer when I took Sweet One to the local rec center and then to the lake at my grandma's house, she had absolutely no desire to be in the water. This summer I bought a little kiddie pool for her to get used to a collection of water outside of her bathtub in preparation for some Parent-Baby swim lessons.

When it was time to walk into the kiddie section, Sweet One started walking and didn't stop. She had a mission and nothing got in her way! She walked where she could, sat on the edge for a moment and then turned around to get back it; kicked around a little and put her face in the water. When we got to the places too deep for her I carried her around - well, all I really did was keep her floating as she squirmed and reached for all the toys in the water that she could get her hands on. She was brilliant! I was so proud of her and completely surprised at how brave she was. Because of the lack of enrollment for the baby class, we were moved to the toddler class and she was doing better than a few of the 2-4 year olds.

I'm looking forward to the rest of our sessions where she can interact with some more kids and enjoy the water - although the next three days aren't supposed to be warm so an outside pool might be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!