Tuesday, November 10, 2009

As long as she doesn't go buying beer

Sweet One was in the Snugli and we were on our way home from the drugstore where we picked up almost $25 worth of greeting cards. As can happen, Sweet One was making sounds to tell everyone within hearing distance that she was in fact having a great time. This time it got a slightly eccentric man's attention and he started to talk to us from across the street. Then he said, "Wait, I have something for you," and began digging in his pocket. I wasn't quite sure what to do. Was he going to pull out a dirty candy from him pocket and expect Sweet One to eat it? Was he going to be the lonely old man who follows us home? Luckily, neither of the above happened. I decided that I would let him attempt to give her what he wanted. He's an old man and it might have made his day. (If it seemed dangerous I would quickly put an end to it.) He pulled out a quarter and Sweet One took it from him. He then proceeded to tell her (although he thought she was a boy due to the red clothing she had on) not to spend it all in one place. He also said, "Don't go buying no beer. I don't believe in that stuff." We said thank you and continued on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!