Monday, August 31, 2009

This is what happens when Sweet One sleeps for more than 45 mins in the afternoon, without me.

After more obsessing I finally decided to order the bag once I realized that it was actually larger than my diaper bag. Sweet One and I are going to Montreal Oct 1 and with the goal of avoiding the need for a pack horse to help me getting things onto the train, I'll attempt a small suitcase and therefore actually have genuine need for a larger bag! Yes. Still ridiculous, I know. For the first time ever I don't have any guilt about this somewhat superfluous purchase and it is on its way. So enough of that, I can shut the fukk up already! To top it off, I got a message from my sister on facebook:

I packed up a giant box of clothes for [Sweet One]. I'm not sure what size she is but this should be good from now until next fall. There's a winter coat but not a snow suit or anything, but i've probably got more stuff to add I just didn't want to dig around in [the boy's] closet when he was sleeping. I can probably get [my crazy husband] to send it off while I'm here but it's also missing the robeez boots and a few things like that, but I can send those off seperately. So there's probably a few hundred bucks saved on clothes right there, definitely way more saved than the cost of a Puddle Jumper, if you see where I'm going with that.....

She's funny. And I was about to go shopping for a fleece sleeper and long sleeved diaper shirts because it seems as if October temperatures are here already. I must admit. I'm completely jealous of my sister right now and it is not because she has four lug bags but because she is in the one part of the world I'd give anything to live in - Halifax. And after stalking her on Facebook I realized she'll be in PEI which is even better than Halifax! Truly. I want to live there more than anything in the world. I'd start packing now. Who cares if this house doesn't sell. It's the one place in the world I wouldn't have to think about. My main love of all things Canadian maritime is from Lucy Maud Montgomery. Her fiction books and even the Selected Journals of hers that were published make me know I could belong there. I visited it once and felt it in my bones. The idea of living somewhere I could actually belong is very appealing.

Sweet One sleeps and I'm at a loss of what to do since I've already watched last night's Army Wives. The result? One post that is boring and not much more than a stream of consciousness that is a little too close to what actually goes on in this brain of mine! But isn't Cavendish Beach beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. that picture is gorgeous!!!! and i don't think your post mentioned anything about oreos (did it) but i'm suddenly wanting some and well.. i blame you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!