Sunday, December 20, 2009

SOKC - A Sleepy One Kid Christmas

For the most part, I don't mind living away from my family. I don't even mind having a quiet Christmas with just the three of us here. Making our own traditions, not having to plan our day around everyone else's schedule - a quiet day or two where we spend time together. Christmas always felt very stressful for me and, quite honestly, depressing prior to having Big Love in my life. This is why I am content here with our family and his church schedule. But there is always one day prior to Christmas Eve and Day that I do wish it was easier to see my family at this time of year. And today, it seems like it is the day.

I haven't put our tree up yet because I don't want to spend every moment chasing after Sweet One and trying to catch the tree as she pulls it over. Our mantel and tv storage thing is decorated.

In the perfect world which I imagine in my head, I want to have another child who is about 2 years younger than Sweet One. Right now I see a problem with that. The idea of ever having a second child right now is the most terrifying thing in the world. We have been working SO hard over the past two months to get Sweet One sleeping better and it doesn't feel like we're getting anywhere. It is getting harder and harder to be productive in my days when I am this exhausted. It doesn't feel like it will ever get any better and the idea of being pregnant again and doing this all over makes me want to jump off the roof of my house. I know many parents out there have problems with children and sleep. It is crazy how it can become all consuming in a day.

I think we have one of those phone systems that can only send calls and not receive them.

Sweet One loves to drink water out of my glass. She giggles just before she is about to drink and then after. It is so cute. There are moments like this that make the lack of sleep worth it. Thank God. Otherwise I think I'd jump off the roof of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!