Thursday, January 7, 2010

A year already?

Last night as I was rocking Sweet One before I put her in the crib I found it very difficult to want to put her down. It was the last time I would rock her before she became 1 year old. How can it already be that a year has come and gone? As with many other new mom's, the arrival of the first birthday is a little surreal. Could it seriously have been a year ago that I was drugged up, cut open and had this amazing little girl taken out of me? At this exact moment she would have been with us almost a full hour. My world changed completely and I still look at her wondering how on earth this ever happened. Despite how hard the past three months have been, I know and feel how lucky I am that she is healthy and happy. (Except for now because she didn't nap long enough and I'm letting her cry a bit, hoping it will help her learn to nap longer than 30-45 minutes.) Happy Birthday, my dearest Sweet One.

The last three nights have been much better with more sleep happening for everyone here in the nest and so my outlook on life is a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!