Monday, November 22, 2010

A few cute moments make the hard ones worth it

Sweet One has been a little clingy lately. She goes through phases in the day when she wants to be attached to me or I am the only person allowed to do anything for her because Daddy just doesn't cut it! It's a little exhausting especially when she's had another two 5:30am mornings with me on the hardwood floor for one of them trying to get her to go back to sleep. Isn't it two weeks after the time change and still no major adjustment for her! With the last two canines making their way through her gums, a nose that won't stop running and these early mornings I have a toddler who is doing her best to be happy (happidy, happidy) when she can. I'm also starting to feel some of the muscular fatigue of a belly that is pulling my back in directions it doesn't usually go. Each day I am more and more thankful for the moments of sheer adorable toddlerhood that keep me going and help me make it through the next time she has a mood swing.

Moment One
Do you want some blueberries*?
Yes!
Can you say please?
Yes. (In a tone that completely says, 'yes, you know I can'.)
Say please.
Pease.

*You can substitute blueberries for anything a toddler might ask for.

Moment Two
(Arms outstretched.) Hai. Hai!
You want a hug?
Hai!

And this can happen anywhere - in her booster seat, in the car seat, in a cart in the middle of a store, on the couch, blah blah - anywhere at all!

Moment Three
Uppity! Uppity!
You want to come up? Just a moment, Mama's got raw chicken* all over her hands.
UPPITY! UPPITY!

*Once again, substitute for pretty much anything I could be in the middle of. But it's probably not the begging to be lifted up as much as the word she uses that makes this moment cute to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!