Monday, July 4, 2011

Time out for nothing

Sweet One loves to take the paper cover off of her crayons. I don't really care. It lets her practice her fine motor skills! What I did care about was the red mark on the floor beside all of her paper droppings , especially after she had colored a large patch on the floor while her Dad was gone. So I put her in time out and tried to get her to stop screaming while she was there. It was long and didn't achieve what I hoped. I went to start cleaning the crayon out of the carpet and realized it was an old jello stain that had been there for awhile. What an asshole I was. Not only did she have a very long time out that left her sobbing in heaves, but she had a time out for doing nothing wrong! Next time I'll rub the mark for wax before assuming she's colored.

This was three days ago now and I still feel sick to my stomach when I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!