Monday, April 23, 2012

Doesn't fit as I'd like

I finally got the courage to do some sewing. I've had material sitting around for awhile and so I decided to just go for it. Unfortunately, I ended up cutting a pattern a wee bit too small for this postpartum body and chose the too short version. Luckily, I have enough material left over that I can start it again.

I've been struggling with my body these days and I'm not sure if I ever won't. I want to learn to accept it. It gave me two babies who are awesome and I should be happy with that. Right? I've been working out with a few different DVDs at home. I'm getting stronger but I'm not actually losing any weight. I think I need to add more cardio so perhaps on top of doing a workout 5 times a week I can get out for at least 3 real walks with the kids. That might help. Who knows. In the very least, if I can't accept it I need to let Sweet One think that I do so that perhaps she will be happy with hers.

I do know that I'm not absolutely miserable (at least for now) about the fact that 3 hours of sewing has nothing to show for it. And I'm just shaking my head at this pooch of mine. Another time I might have been crying and swearing. So I'm good for now.

I think that's progress.

3 comments:

  1. I was laid up for a few months and lost so much muscle tone. It's been horrible trying to rehabilitate and I don't have little ones to care for! Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my pooch. I've had a running battle with it since jr. high.
    I've finally made my peace with it. All of the crossfit I'm doing now, my waist is losing inches, just not lbs. I'm trying to be content with that.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!