Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another smoothie, please

I just finished Dr. Oz's 3 Day Detox Cleanse. There were moments when it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and then there were some moments, like when I was trying to prepare my lunch smoothie and I had two crying kids who also needed lunch and my head was a little dizzy because I needed to ingest something, that were a little crazy!

I went for a jog on Wednesday morning and that was my first day. Not sure if that was a good thing or not as I'm usually quite hungry after a jog, but I survived. Friday was definitely the hardest. But that could have also been because Big Love was home and I didn't need to power through the day as much as I do when I'm on my own with the kids.

When I look back at it, 12 smoothies in three days is a lot, especially when the lunch one pretty much filled up my entire blender! Little Man wanted to taste them but quickly determined that they were 'yucky'. They really didn't taste that bad, and the supper one would tasted even better if I would have had access to ripe mangoes. (But really, mangoes are not local and I live in a rural town. What do I expect at this time of year!)

I think I learned some things about letting a difficult moment pass without freaking out, taking an extra breath here and there, and trying not to lose my temper simply because I'm feeling a little miserable.

Another smoothie first thing, a beautiful morning for a run today and I'm ready to get back to solid foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!