Thursday, July 1, 2010

What to do at 102?

We've been very lucky here in the Pickle Jar with very few bouts of illness over the past 18 months. (Forgive me as I type this with one hand because I will be continuously rapping my knuckles on the wooden window frame beside me.) After being awake for a couple of hours last night and then very fussy a few hours after she woke up, we realized that today Sweet One had her second fever. We fared well with the necessary drugs, a little extra tv and a second nap. She didn't drink as much for fluids as I'd like but her appetite seemed quite good. Strangely enough, she seemed to completely perk up at 6 pm as she sang along with Michael Morrison and Lea Michele performing at the Tony's. I'm still not sure what the cause of this is but I think it may have something to do with teething. (She currently has 4 front teeth and 4 molars.)

Now I must go back up to her room where she is fighting the idea of going to sleep. Hopefully the night will have less disruption and she'll wake up feeling as good as new.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks - she is. Strangely enough, at 6pm that day it was like she hit a switch and was back to herself.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!