Saturday, July 4, 2009

Home again, home again ...

... no time for the jiggidy jig as I feel that by the time I finish the rhyme we will be gone again! The trip to T.O. was wonderful and I fully took the time to luxuriate in my surroundings. The beautiful hotel, the streets filled with people and interesting places and being back in Canada. One of my favorite moments was when we were walking on the downtown streets Sunday morning. It was so quiet. We also enjoyed having Sweet One out on her first holiday - her first train ride, hotel stay, subway and street car rides - all so fun. She was amazing. I could tell she was getting more and more tired with each day but ne'er was there a breakdown that had her screaming in public. She went to sleep by 7:00 each evening and I would watch tv (often with subtitles because the volume was quite low) or read (often too tired to read) in the semi-darkness as I listened to her sleep. In the end we just felt like the trip was great. We learned what it is like to travel with Sweet One and I feel like I am a bit more prepared for the trip - on our own first was much better than being surrounded by tons of family to overwhelmed us all! An added bonus: Big Love placed third in the competition. He played very well and even before the announcement was made that he was a finalist we felt like he had accomplished what he went there to do! (And the prize money helped pay for a chunk of the trip!)

Now I am home. When we first got home I placed Sweet One in her Exersaucer and I immediately saw the joy in her face at being somewhere familiar. My job right now is to help her get as much rest as possible before we leave on the next trip and I am feeling quite overwhelmed by all of the other tasks that need to be done. It usually takes me a week to feel done with all the catch up from a trip, nevermind that we are off again early Wednesday morning! I need to make a list of all that needs to be done because it will be more easily completed than this jumble of 'things' scrunched up in my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!