Saturday, September 26, 2009

I don't think I will ever figure this out

From what I've read on other blogs, trying to get kids onto a sleeping schedule that functions and works for everyone in the family is the bane of our existence as parents. (Yes, I have failed the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby because I just can't seem to get it to work.) This is today's schedule. I decided I didn't want to try and keep Sweet One awake so that she'd go to sleep at specific times. I just followed her cue.

Wake up 5:50am.
Nap 8:00-9:10 (she almost always falls asleep for a nap at 8am)
Nap 10:50-12:05 (she was already acting tired by 10:00)
Nap 2:45-present (it is 4:20 and RARELY does this kid ever sleep for more than 1.5 hours)

Now, if I can figure out how to get the longest nap to be in the middle of the day I might feel like I could have a bit of a life that doesn't center around when she needs to sleep. (And I'm a little worried about napping turning into a gong show when I go to Montreal in a few days.) I wish I felt a little more equipped with how to help her get a more functional sleep schedule.

1 comment:

  1. That sleeping thing is tricky. I'm sorry that you're having these battles! When Cambry was around that age, I felt like I tried everything. I did read a book called The No Cry Sleep Solution. It had some great ideas, but I ultimately just had to wait her out. The day she turned one, it was like a switch flipped and she started sleeping. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, LOVE to hear from you!